Thursday, September 29, 2011

Delicious Autumn!

So right now on my chalk board tray in my kitchen I have written this quote:
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. -- George Eliot
And it is true. Almost every year that I have been blogging, I have posted a rave review of the season. I fall in love with it every year. Pun intended.
I am just not a summer person, so I get super excited when it is time to wear real shoes (we don't consider flip flops real footwear at our house) and long sleeves again. When hot chocolate sounds toasty and delicious, and baking treats warms up the house nicely instead of making it swelter. When driving up the canyon is a feast for the senses, and leaves of every color seem to change before your eyes. 
I nosh upon super ripe tomatoes, home made soups, fun size Halloween candy, and Honeycrisp apples (I had them last year and became obsessed, you must find and try them at least once, pretend you don't notice the price tag) when they are finally in season.
Sometimes I feel as if I hibernate in the summer, and can finally enjoy being outdoors again in the fall. Hopefully it will also snap me out of my creative slump. I make cards for birthdays and have made some jewelry here and there, but for the most part my summer has been craft free. I am looking into painting and fixing up our spare room into a crazy organized space for all of my craft store wares. I am in love with this color scheme for a crafty space right now. It seems so light and inviting. The bottom wall is already lime green, and the trim is all bright white, so I just need to change the periwinkle to aqua and I think it will work.


Here are some fun rooms done in this color scheme that I enjoy. Somehow a lot of them are baby rooms. I found them all on pinterest.



Source: houzz.com via Jen on Pinterest



What do you think? Do you love the colors together or are they too much? I am feeling the need to paint something in our house for sure. The husband doesn't understand why. He thinks if we chose a color and like it, why change it? Is it just me, or do all women enjoy updating colors throughout the house every few years? I think I fall into the normal category on this one.
Anyway, I hope to blog more in the coming months, I didn't even try in August. Blah, August. I enjoyed updating my blog header and background to reflect the season,  even though when I read blogs I do it in google reader and never see other peoples blog designs. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I had to click over from my reader to see your blog header. Super cute. And any time you feel like crafting me up a new one, I'll let you. :)

Those colors together are SUPER cute. Seriously. I think they're perfect for a craft room. I always get painter's anxiety though. I worry that I won't like the new color as much as the old one. But I think you should definitely go with the aqua. Love it.