Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cobbed

Do you ever go to a bit (or a lot) of work to make something tasty only to not be in the mood to eat it? I hate that so much. That is why I hate planning meals ahead of time. Who knows what I'll be in the mood for 5 days from now?? Anyway, I had planned, bought the groceries for and made this pretty Cobb Salad for dinner yesterday, (I found the recipe on pinterest of course. Not on pinterest yet? You're missing out!!! Let me know and I'll send you an invite!) and by the time it was done, I did not want to eat it. I ate all of the the avocados and the cucumbers and picked at some of the bacon and halfheartedly ate a few bites of everything else. I was so mad! I love cobb salad! I cooked BACON!! And eggs, and chicken. I diced and salad spinnered (hah) and still did not want to eat any of it. I felt like a little kid who'd been served creamed tuna on toast. I still remember crying and being sent to bed hungry because I did not want creamed tuna on toast. (Sorry Mom, but that stuff is gross) ;)

Cody took a picture because it ended up pretty. I did enjoy that. I hope it got eaten at my brothers house because the recipe makes a ton and we took the other 1/2 of the salad over to his house.
*I added cucumbers instead of red onions, and did crumbled blue cheese. But if I were to make it again, I would do shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, and then serve it with a good quality blue cheese dressing*

1 comment:

Natalie said...

It did get eaten!! It was SO YUMMY, it makes me sad you didn't eat because it was so good. We just ate it straight out of the pan. I had a hard time mixing it all up because it was so pretty, Mike had to do it for me. Thanks again, this week has been amazing!