Thursday, January 20, 2011

Meh

I am at a blogging standstill. It's that "post-Christmas/pre-birthday/cold and wintery but not snowy/not enough sunlight/sleeping on a weird schedule/nothing sounds good to eat/might as well eat a spoon full of Nutella" time of year and well, there's just nothing good to say about that now is there? I get kind of Debbie Downer-ish during January, and sometimes it lasts till spring. I'm hoping to snap out of it soon this year though. I am not proud to admit that my Christmas decorations are still up, and not because they're just so cute and I'm still enjoying them, but rather because I'm just too lazy and they take sooo much time to put away. I just look at them and think... "Meh, I'll get to them later." And you know how that ends. Badly.
In fact, if I was choosing my "Theme of 2011" like everyone else out there, I think my official word of the year would be "MEH". I should totally make a wooden plaque, add some vinyl, put it in a distressed frame, add ribbons, glitter, and something vintagey, and hang it on my wall so that I could remember to feel apathetic all year. Meh, who am I kidding. That sounds like too much work. ;•)

So fun, this post is one big bummer. I'm sorry. I know what will help it out though...
Ahhhh, that's better. The worlds most adorable birds perched perfectly on a winter branch to the rescue! Thanks little birds!

1 comment:

Megan said...

We go through that too in our house. I swear we do nothing fun from January to April. I'm pretty sure we haven't taken a single picture. But dang, those birds are cute, and you've got an awesome blog background/header thing. So I say 2 points for the Morgans! Yay!