Monday, May 10, 2010

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

So, I've been kind of MIA on the interwebs lately. I've just been feeling crummy, not sleeping on a decent schedule, have been stressing about things I cannot control, and have just been generally not in a good place. I am sad that my blog hasn't been updated in over a month. So, as is the case when I want to blog, but don't really have anything going on, I like to make a list of things that I'm currently.....

LOVING:
  • That Cody is done with school till next semester! He did an awesome job in his ridiculously hard MAE 3440 class, and now he gets to hang out with me and do fun things instead of homework. Yay!
  • These cute little Blowfish flats I got (thanks Mom!!) at Shoe Carnival. They were buy one pair, get one 1/2 off, and I got them in both gray and plaid. They are comfy and cute and walk that line between pants and skirts so I wear them everywhere!

  • Grapefruit.  Specifically, peeling big ruby red grapefruits into tasty segments. I don't know what it is, but they taste SO much better peeled than  just cut in half and eaten with a spoon. It's also a fun thing to do, my hands smell all heavenly afterward, and then I save the peels in the freezer and use them to freshen up my garbage disposal now & then.
  • Also grapefruit, this yummy body butter from the Body Shop! They had a sale before Mother's day and everything was 50% off! I should have bought the larger one, because I love the scent so much! I wander around smelling the back of my hands all day when I have it on. 
  • These adorable birdie hooks I got from my friend Josie in a swap! They are just too cute! She also sent me this way cute package for my bday, so sweet!
  • The Fantastic Mr. Fox. Oh my goodness, I love Wes Anderson. He is ridiculous, but in a good way. If you've seen any of his movies, you'll recognize his style and humor, and it translates so well to stop-motion animation. We netflixed it, watched it,  and bought the DVD the next day. I would say kids over 9 would love it too, but it's more adult humor. Come and borrow it from me if you want to be entertained!
  • The She & Him album I downloaded for 5$. So lovely, and it sounds like summer....
  • These Double Chocolate Chunk cookies. I add a little more cocoa and decrease the sugar a smidge to make them EXTRA dark chocolatey. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

    Wishing:
    •  All my sisters, sisters-in-law, friends, and of course my very own fabulous Mom, a late Happy Mother's day. Hope it was fantastic and you received many terrible meals made by men, and terrible crafts made by kids. :)
    Hoping:
    • That one of us (I'm betting on Cody) gets up the urge to work on our yard soon. We have lived in our house for 6 years, and we still don't have grass planted. We DO have a sprinkler system in place, all we need now is something to water besides rocks and weeds. I hate yard work, so very very much. I'd be fine with a synthetic lawn like the Brady Bunch had, but that would be a waste of our fancy sprinklers no?
    • That one day I follow through on my promise to give my friends glitter toes. I haven't forgotten, I promise!
    • That I can wake up early enough some Saturdays this summer to visit the local Farmers Market. We went on opening day, and I didn't look around enough. Or buy enough! Plus, my sister in law Natalie sells hand bound books there some weekends and they are wicked cute!
    So there you have it, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth or anything, but I'm also no fun right now, so I'm trying to enjoy the little things. I'm sorry if I've been a slacker friend lately, I'm hoping that May turns out better than April ended up being. *fingers crossed*

    2 comments:

    Mandy said...

    It was good to see you two at the market and I am so glad you are back to the bloggity! I missed your face! -M

    Shellie said...

    I also LOVE anything grapefruit! Emily and I share peeled grapefruit all the time! I've never thought of putting the peels in the freezer. Thanks for the idea! I figured that you were still on the "anti FB/Blogging" thing because people are still posting pictures of them at Baby Animal Days! I didn't post any of my pictures just for you! :)Hope things are getting better! We'll come and help you with your yard if you want! Just tell us when. Oh, and I've finally got your Birthday present. It isn't what I had originally planned, but you'll just have to wait for that until Christmas. Maybe I'll get it done by then!