Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bells are ringing

The second picture of December might just be one of my favorite things about the Christmas season.
12-2-09

Since I took this photo, my number of Christmas songs has already increased from 289 to 292 thanks to iTunes. I go there all month long and buy a few new songs a week if they have anything that suits my fancy. I absolutely love any Christmas song sung by Stevie Wonder or Roger Whittaker. Christmas is the time of year I embrace all music styles, even those I don't normally care for like country, Mannheim Steamroller, Sarah McLachlan, or even Josh Groban. ;) A random sampling of my favorites (linked to my blip.fm if you care to listen) listed below. Enjoy!
"Winter Song" Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
"A Soalin' " - Peter, Paul & Mary
"Carol of the Bells" - The Bird & The Bee
"O Come, O Come Emmanuel" - Belle & Sebastian
"Valley Winter Song" - Fountains of Wayne
"No Christmas for Me" - Zee Avi
"I Saw Three Ships" - Sufjan Stevens
"All That I Want" - The Weepies
and just for Cody... "Christmas Reindeer" - The Knife

And you? Christmas music all month long or are you already sick of it because of how long they've been playing it over the speakers in the stores??

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love that Winter Song one too. And I have to say that Christmas CD you made a few years back is still one of our all-time favorites. I think I've heard "SANTA Claus is comin' to town" way too many times.

Darci said...

I still listen to that CD you made too! You gotta love Darcy the Dragon :)