Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boo!

I am kind of in love with these blocks I've been making. Also with this paper from Basic Grey. I first made some cute letters blocks for my sisters new baby Abigail that spelled out her name. I will post pictures of them on another post. I wanted to do these ones now for Halloween. I then made a little set for my friends baby Eli, and then a set of these BOO ones for my sister in laws birthday. I loved them so much I had to make set for myself. They are easy, but time intensive. It takes me a whole night while doing laundry to finish a set of 3. Maybe I'm just slow. Cody cut the wood for me, we bought some really nice poplar at Lowes, then I sand, paint, glue, sand again, paint again, and seal. Then add letters which I cut out by hand with an exacto knife, glue them on, and seal again. Good times.On a side note, how do we feel about adding my name & blog address to photos? I've never had anyone steal anything from my blog that I know of, and I've never made anything on here that someone else hasn't made first or better, but I know that people totally snatch stuff from blogs too. It feels a little presumptuous of me to think anyone would want my photos, and I don't want it to look too pretentious, but then again, I really like that font I used for it. Haha. Opinions??

8 comments:

Schmath said...

Those are so cute! You should open an etsy shop.

Schmath said...

p.s. I'm gonna steal your pics!

Megan said...

Love those blocks. I can't believe you cut all those letters by hand.

And I didn't even notice your name on the pics until you pointed it out. I say go for it. I hate when the blog names are really "in your face" but yours isn't. I like it.

And I love your Halloweeney background. The end.

Mandy said...

Love these! Missed you not posting there for a while! Hugs! :)

Darci said...

So cute! I think it's a good idea to add your name. I've thought of doing something so no one can steal pics of my itty bitty!!

Shellie said...

1. LOVE your SPOOKY new blog background.
2. We LOOOOVE Eli's adorable blocks.
3. I really, really love your BOO Blocks. Can I pay you to make me a set?
4. I think having your name & blog address on your pics looks really impressive & professional.
5. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jen, you are so crafty! I love your stuff! And I think your font on your pictures is super cute! I am all about fonts! And I also love your background, colors, whatever bloggers call it. krista

fuzzystuffies said...

those blocks are awesome!