Friday, July 31, 2009

Glittering Piggies

I am not the type of person to pay to have my nails done. I only had fake nails once, and that was my wedding day. Luckily I wore gloves most of the day, because the nails felt so weird on, that I look weird in any shot that shows my hands. I have never had a manicure, or a pedicure. I've never wanted to. Until I saw my friend Shellie's toes one day. They were sparkling like a million turquoise diamonds. She told me they were called sparkle toes or glitter toes or something, so I googled it to see, and it looked fun, but kind of high maintenance. Then I found this blog where she describes how to do your own! So I bought 18 colors of Martha Stewart glitter at Walmart and I was hooked. I have done mine 4 times since then, and every time I change colors someone notices them and says they want glitter toes too! I did them on my SIL Nataile, and last night on some friends from my neighborhood. They all turned out so cute!
After they left Cody looked at my toes and was disappointed to see that they were still red as they had been for a few weeks. So after he went to bed I did mine again a light sagey green.
Also, toes are just weird and looking at pictures of them up close make them even weirder.
Anyway, let me know if you'd like in on the next round of glittering up your toes. It's way easier to do on someone else than yourself, so come on over, put your feet up, and leave sparkling.

5 comments:

attack of The Mouse said...

Serioulsy fun. Thanks for my toes, they look like rhinestones especially in the sun. I feel like a million bucks. :)

Megan said...

I love that you did yours after we all left. They look great btw. And I love mine! Thanks for the fantastic toes!

Lori said...

I love my toes Jen! I look at them and they sparkle. It was so fun to take just a moment and laugh while pampering! Can we do it again?
Lori

garlockfam said...

I guess I'm the last one who is posting a late thank you comment. Darn, I wanted to be the first. Love love love my purple toes. Thanks for the fun night!
Jen

attack of The Mouse said...

Okay, so I got together with my old roommates and they all noticed E. and I's "glitter toes". They were totally impressed.