Monday, July 13, 2009

Chocolate Woodland Critter Sugar Cookies

I bought these fabulous cookies cutters last time I was at Ikea, and I was so excited to use them.
Rather than regular sugar cookies, I thought the shapes would look adorable in a dark brown, so I set about making chocolate sugar cookies. I found this recipe for the cookies, and made dark chocolate ganache to pipe around the top. My favorites are the hedgehogs, and the squirrels. I also had some teeny tiny cookie cutters from a swap of a garden gnome and a squirrel.

Natalie piping like a pro.
Natalie piping chocolate ganache
So cute. And SO yummy! My favorite part is that they didn't spread as they cooked like sugar cookies are wont to do. They also tasted fabulous, kind of like brownies.
Hedgehogs, Squirrels, & Snails
Hedgehog, Squirrel and Snail Cookies!
Baby Bears, teeny gnomes, & tiny squirrels
Baby Bear Cookies
Fox & Moose
Moose & Fox Cookies

2 comments:

Kathy Schroder's Sass said...

Jen you totally need to start your own Martha Stewart-ish blog about all of your creations or just teach some crafty class at the civic center or something. You do such a fabulous job.

aisforamy said...

Yay! I'm so excited that the wee squirrel and gnome still looked like a wee squirrel and gnome after baking! I'll admit that I was a little worried whether they would! :D