Monday, May 11, 2009

Go take a hike

I hope you all had a happy Mother's day. My brother Mike bought his wife Natalie a fun hikey baby carrier for her first Mother's day, and gave it to her a few days early, so on Friday we decided to go try it out! First we had a picnic lunch with my sister Tammy at Hyrum Dam where Mike works. Here we are at my house afterward.
Then Cody came home, and after baby Clay woke up from his nap, we drove up our canyon a little ways and put the wee one in his carrier. He loved it and spent most of the time sucking on and licking the material in front of him. He's quite the drooly little bugger.
We are so lucky to live so close to fabulous outdoor activities! This little trail runs along a river, was pretty easy, grass, a few rocks, and not too many hills, and seriously minutes from my house. Here is Cody playing on some of the big rocks.
On the way down, Cody gave Natalie's shoulders a break and took the baby carrier. Awww. Cute.
Clay fell asleep sometime on the way down. The hike was about a mile long, so we went 2 miles round trip, not too bad for our first hike of the season. I was a little tired at the end, but not sore or anything the next day so huzzah. I'm not what you would call "in shape" (hahahhaha!) so if I could do this, anyone could. I'd like to go hike this again soon.
Us at the end. The end.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I had so much fun! I love my new back pack, and we should go hiking again soon!

Mandy said...

LOve it! I will have to get specifics on this trail...the girls love to do the hike thing and we have big plans to spend almost every weekend up there this summer! Great pics!