Wednesday, March 25, 2009

blank-iversaries

I love anniversaries. I celebrate them for everything. Tonight is my 14 year Promiversary. Which sounds cheesey and it is. See, Cody and I met our senior year in yearbook, even though we are sure we'd had classes together before, we'd never talked or even noticed one another. I thought he was shy, nerdy and cute, and he wasn't totally repelled by my annoying 17 year old self. I knew I liked him a lot, when I had my 18th birthday party and invited a bunch of people, all of whom showed up, except Cody. I spent an hour in my bedroom on the phone with him during my party, ignoring all the other people that came, because I realized he was the only person I really wanted there. Haha.
I dropped hints galore that I liked him, we went on a few little group outings, and finally 2 real dates. At the end of the last one, he gave me a mix tape. (Oh my gosh how 90's am I!?!?) I was super excited, because I thought (hoped & prayed) that he might be using it to ask me to prom. Well, I got inside, listened to the whole first side (all music) and went to bed. The next day was Sunday, and while getting ready for church I thought I'd listen to the other side, so I flipped it over, and there was Cody's voice, asking if I'd go to prom with him. I screeched and screamed and my family ran in thinking I was dying. Hahaha.
So on March 25th, 1995, Cody and I went to Prom. We spent the morning together rollerblading at the roller rink, and then had dinner at Zanavoo in Logan canyon. My dress was short, navy, flippy and fun. He looked adorable in his tux. I had shiny gloves and wore flats. We danced and danced, went to his house and watched 2 movies. At the end of the night, he kissed me.

And that is why I celebrate my promiversary.
photo made grainy on purpose, it was a bad quality scan, and I didn't want to spend an hour photoshopping it, so I made it EXTRA grainy, that way it's "artistic"!

7 comments:

Natalie said...

That is such a cute picture! I love it! I am glad I get to share in your promiversary tonight :)

Em said...

Happy promiversary! That's the cutest photo ever!

Kathy Schroder's Sass said...

Oh Jen I remember when you bought that dress and it was hanging in your room and we were trying to figure out cute jewelry to go with it!! Oh my goodness you were so darn cute!!

Megan said...

How stinkin' cute are you two? Seriously. I love that you remember so many anniversaries and that you celebrate them. That picture is the best! Oh, and I love your new blog layout too.

Jennie Moore said...

That is so awesome. Its cool that you guys are still together! Keep up the great work!

lovejoys said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I love this post. I want to post my prom picture now too! Just for fun. I'll post the one of all of us at the prom. I love it. How cute. Anyway, I got your package. I looooove it. I posted about it on my blog. That was such a fun idea. the card was so nice. Reece was so excited too. He loves the car and the lunch box and he loved the ring pop. Thanks again, Joyce Oh and PS I was at your 18th b-day party I am sure of it but don't remember and surely don't remember you in the bedroom on the phone for the whole time. What were we all doing while you were on the phone? Your house rocked for parties, man I've got good memories of your house.

Joyce

ShandaPanda said...

Adorable post! Happy Promiversary!