Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Time....keeps marching on!

Yesterday I turned 32. Not nearly as traumatic as turning 28, 29, or 30. But I sure don't enjoy the yearly reminder I will never again be in my 20's. There is something very final about your 30's. Like it's when you are officially an adult, and everyone expects you to be doing adult things. Well, I spent the day getting facebook notifications from people wishing me Happy Birthday, and working on a swap I'm doing with an adorable girl in Sweden, then Cody came home and we went to dinner @ Iggy's. I don't know why. I wanted somewhere not too fancy, that had cozy booths. We got seated at a table. We came home and had these crazy alligator donuts that the Macey's bakery makes, and watched some dvr'd Lost. Lovely. Here are some photo's from the day, and a video I made of my favorite TMBG song, that I sing to myself every birthday.

When I got up, I saw that Cody had put up 3 birthday banners. One of them is a pink Strawberry Shortcake banner. Here is a cute picture of him in front of the one in the office.
Cody and one of the banners

He got me this fanTAStic green OXO Salad Spinner! I haven't used it yet, but I'm super duper excited to own it. See crazy facial expression.
Jens new salad spinner!

I bought myself these cute tall boots from Eddie Bauer with birthday $ from my Mom & Spence. Thanks guys!!

Just us being cheesy like we do.
Jen & Cody January 09

I took this picture of the birds swarming our bird feeder that we hang outside the window for Molly to watch. They were all going crazy and fighting each other. Which in turn made Molly crazy and she would jump up into the windowsill pawing at the glass, and they'd all fly away for a few seconds before coming back again. All the birdseed is gone today, but they keep coming over to check.



I don't know if this video will work, but I just stole random pictures from the internet to make this video to go along with the song "Older" by They Might Be Giants.

6 comments:

Jennie Moore said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Megan said...

You make me laugh dang hard. I <3 you. That was the best video. Hope your birthday was just as good. You and Cody are dang cute. The end.

Megan said...

Ooh, ooh. And I love the boots. I always think that I could wear something like that, and then I come back to reality. I know they'll look so dang good on you though. Woot!

attack of The Mouse said...

Happy Birthday. I'm so excited to find out that we are the same age. Go 30's. Haven't you heard it is the new teens (okay - maybe not, but it sounds good.)
Your boots are super stinking cute. I hope you wear them to primary. Happy Birthday. :)

lovejoys said...

Too funny and depressing. Man it sucks getting old. I just can't believe how fast time flies. I still feel like I just graduated high school.

Happy Birthday.

Joyce

Shanda Panda said...

LOVE the video! And LOVE the boots. Oh, and LOVE the birdie picture too.
I am having my last birthday in 2 weeks (29th) and plan on staying that old forever. lol