Friday, September 12, 2008

out with the old...


And in with the new. I would like to have a moment of silence for my dear, departed iMogene. Yes, my old iMac is dead. She has gone the way of a lot of her breed, with the video card overheating and messing up the screen. She was my favorite computer in the whole world, and I loved her. About 5 years ago, I got completely sick of our PC, and decided we were just going to take the leap and get a mac. I fell in love with the new iMacs. They were amaaaazing. I loved the little pod bottom, and the bendy silver neck, and how there was no separate 'computer box'. So we got one, and everything was great. Until now.

So, I guess I should be excited about the new iMac we got. Yes it's faster, and has a bigger screen, more space, all the new iLife I wanted, and is shiny and new. It's silver, and I love silver things. But it's not iMogene. In fact, I have decided it's a boy. Named Stanley. Flat Stanley. It was also a deal, what with Cody still being a student at USU, the price was niiiice and he got a free iPod touch with it. The only bad thing really, is that if I want to use Photoshop we'll have to buy the new version, because my really old version doesn't work on it. Oh well. I think my problem is that I get too attached to things. Maybe if I had named my blender I wouldn't have thrown it out one day when I got mad at it, and I'd still have a blender.

Welcome to the family Stanley.


4 comments:

Natalie said...

That is a fun new computer! I mostly wanted to comment because I love that you thew away your blender when you got mad and it. Our husbands are together right now and I am BOARD!! We should have gotten together tonight too and done fun crafty things.

jen said...

natalie- the funny thing is, when you wrote this comment, i was being crafty! i was making invites for your baby shower! hehe. and yes, i got mad and threw out a perfectly fine blender. now we can not blend.

Megan said...

Hooray for the new computer, but I'm sorry you have to lose imogene. I'm totally lol at your blender thing. You are too funny.

Anonymous said...

wow! shows how totally out of the loop i am :( i had no idea you went away, let alone on a plane! you go girl!! kris :) [s.... thanks for giving me this blog link! since i don't have myspace, i can now keep up with your like!