Friday, September 19, 2008

my clock must be broken

...or something. Because I have yet to feel the grand urge to have a baby. However, after shopping all day for a baby shower gift for my sister-in-law, I have had the urge to buy baby clothes. Seriously, how cute is the Carter's "Woodland" collection?? Little mooses?? Raccoons!?!? Acorns and leaves and bears, oh my! I seriously considered stealing a baby just so I can dress it in this stuff. (not really, stop hiding your children from me)

Anyway, I remember when all of the 'safari' themed stuff came out, and I was able to find cute Land Cruiser looking vehicles on stuff, I bought some random baby clothes. They are all boys things though. (tangent: Cody is one of 2 boys in his family, and his dad is one of 2 boys, so perhaps our chances are pretty good. His mom comes from ALL sisters, and my family is a mix of 1/2 & 1/2. So who knows.) Aaaaaanyway, the other day my friend Kathy was at my house, and we were in my craft/massage room looking at junk, and she spied the baby clothes hanging in the closet. She looked at me suspicously and demanded I tell her what was up. I explained how I just sometimes buy cute clothes when I see them, because who knows if or when I have a baby the same stuff will be in then. I think she thought I was crazy.

But come on, that moose shirt? That stripey sweater? Tell me you don't kind of want to OWN them even if you don't have anyone to dress in them. Maybe I'll get desperate (& crazy) one day and put them on my cat. She needs a little excitement.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I can't get over how dang cute baby clothes are either. That Carter's line is just adorable. It's not often you find cute stuff like that for boys.
But as much as I like baby clothes, I don't like them enough to have another baby. :P

Kathy Schroder's Sass said...

OK that is so funny that you posted those. I just bought some of those from the Carter's outlet in Park City. They are darn cute! Oh Jen don't let your clockie tick it out will happen but don't let your eggies dry up before than. Just kidding I am just harassing you!!! Bye