Tuesday, September 23, 2008

aaaaaaaah autumn....

click me to view big!
It's that time of year again. The time of year when I post how much I love fall. I've been blogging for 3 years, so this is the third time I've gone on and on about fall. Yesterday was the first day of Autumn. I missed it. I was cleaning the house all day and doing laundry and was kind of grumpy. I'm sad that I was grumpy now. I should have baked pumpkin spice treats, and cut out leaves from craft paper, and danced around in orange sweaters.
Instead I grumbled that we were out of detergent, and was ornery that we had nothing good to make for dinner, (we really didn't! we had baked beans, brown rice, & broiled zucchini. it was healthy yes, but it was not good.) and was sad that Cody had to do homework all night instead of being able to watch the "How I Met Your Mother" season premier with me.
Although, as soon as I realized the error of my ways, I opened up my new scentsy bar, (pumpkin spice! my favorite scent ever!!) popped it in the warmer, and sat back to smell the beginning of the season. I am so ready for this. I love everything about fall. The smells, the temperature, the way it gets dark early, and looks all twilighty, the colors, the clothes, the holidays, the end of paying our air conditioning bills. Mmmmmm. It inspired me to make a flickr collage of fall goodness. The first picture is mine, of Cody and I last year at Halloween, and the rest are random flickr images from other people that I enjoy. I hope you enjoy them too.

2 comments:

Kathy Schroder's Sass said...

holy cow Jen you should be a writer. I just love how you put autumn it was magnificent. You make me so darn excited for autumn as well. You know it makes me think of that line in You've Got Mail where she says she wants a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils. I love that!! Anyways I dig your photos so much.

Megan said...

Autumn is one of my favorites too. I love your collage. Parks thought the picture of the cat was your cat. He wanted to look at all those Halloween things forever. And you inspired me to get a fall Scentsy scent. Hooray.