Saturday, August 2, 2008

A brain, a beauty, a jock, a rebel and a recluse...

Has anyone else seen the commercial from JCPenney on TV lately? It has a bunch of teenagers dressed in 'trendy new' clothes re-enacting several classic scenes from "The Breakfast Club". It is horrendous. And, for those of us who grew up worshiping anything John Hughes, sacrilegious even.
If you haven't seen it, I know it's on YouTube, but don't say I didn't warn you. Your eyes might just burn afterwards. I mean, come on! The kids in the commercial are young enough to be the KIDS of the brat pack. I know all the 80's styles are back (leggings, huge plastic jewelry, for unknown reasons high waist pants!?!) but for some reason, using an iconic movie turned into a cheesey ad bugs me.

So, I am starting to post here on blogspot instead of my myspace. I don't know how it will work out, but all my older posts are still on myspace. Also, I just joined facebook. Yay.

4 comments:

Michael said...

I have seen that commercial, and I agree, it is ridiculous

Natalie said...

okay that says michael, but it was me really.

Megan said...

I, for one, am liking your blogspot blog. I always forget how to post comments on the myspace one. So now you'll be getting comments from me all.the.time, wah-ha-haaaa! I'm glad you got to keep jennecy though.

And I'm not a huge fan of that commercial either. Two thumbs down.

Dawn said...

MySpace did not send me an e-mail about your new blog entry and I didn't even realized you had moved until today. Luckily somebody put a comment on myspace or I may never have logged in and foud out. I like this better too.