Thursday, March 27, 2008

is it spring yet?

Hiya! So, although I have nothing real to post, I thought I would anyway. My most exciting news is that Cody can drive again! No more taking him into/picking him up from work every day!! Hooray. Back to sleeping in for me. Haha! It’s been great. He likes the normalcy and independence too. He is going to therapy at USU twice a week, and walking in this neat therapy pool. The floor raises up so he doesn’t have to climb down in, and then the floor is a treadmill. It’s nifty. Sadly, our insurance only covers 20 physical therapy visits a year, and he had already used up 10 or 11 with the home therapy aid, so at twice a week these are going to add up fast. I don’t know what he’ll decide to do once the insurance is up, he needs to re-learn to walk no matter what. But for now, things are on the mend. He is able to put 75% of his body weight on his leg, so he still needs his crutches, but in a week or two he’ll only need one, and then soon after that none at all!
Some happy news, is that my amazing friend Darci had her baby! A little boy named Jackson. It’s her first and I’m so happy and excited for her! It seemed like she was NEVER going to give birth. I’m sure it seemed that way to her too. Haha.
We had a good Easter, nothing exciting- church, then dinner at Cody’s parents house. We don’t get out of church till 4pm, so there wasn’t any chance of Easter brunch. I did make baked omelets that morning though, which I usually don’t bother with cooking breakfast on Sundays. A few days before we had dyed eggs, and I found the CUTEST little egg boxes online that I printed out and made for Cody. They were little star wars characters. They were the cutest!

There was snow on the ground this morning. I don’t know what to think. On one hand, I am loving that it didn’t yet go straight from winter to summer like Utah weather is wont to do, but I’d also enjoy a real spring too. I wanted to have a cookout up our canyon for Cody’s birthday in April, but it’s still too snowy and muddy to even think about right now. Unless it thaws out quick, I’ll have to come up with something else to do.
Well, there are 2 baskets of clean clothes waiting to be put away, so I guess I’ll stop stalling and get to work. No new Lost tonight, or for a few weeks at least, so who knows what we’ll do with our Thursday evening.

No comments: